General Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions govern your use of and access to the website reiningtrainers.com and Facebook Page Reining Trainers Enigma (referenced herein as ‘media sites‘)
We may change all or part of the Conditions at any time. If we do, the new Conditions will be posted on reiningtrainers.com. Your subsequent or continued use of reiningtrainers.com will constitute your acceptance of any changes. If you object to any changes to the Conditions, your only remedy is to immediately discontinue your use of reiningtrainers.com website.
These terms and conditions of use were last updated in March 2016.
The reiningtrainers.com Website
media sites are public information forums for discussion, information and education to improve the wellbeing of the reining horse and other disciplines and breeds. The content of the media sites does not reflect the opinion of the domain holders and any opinions expressed are those of the nominated authors and commentators.
Any poles, surveys or quizzes are for the purpose of gathering public opinion on matters that may potentially influence the standards of care and training provided by reining horse trainers, owners and breeders; and other breeds and disciplines. The results of those poles, surveys and quizzes will be published from time to time. That information may also be used to lobby changes to rules and regulations that affect reining horse welfare.
We endeavours to ensure that the reiningtrainers.com website is available continuously, we do not make any representations or warranties that your access will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free. Your access to the reiningtrainers.com may be suspended without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or any reason beyond our control.
Except as expressly provided otherwise in the Conditions, we reserve the right to change or discontinue any website, feature or service (or part thereof) on reiningtrainers.com at any time.
Comments and Opinions
To add comments and opinions or use certain parts of the media sites, namely reiningtrainers.com, you must provide your name and email address (profile).
- You must not register profiles multiple times.
- You must not impersonate or create a profile for any person other than yourself.
- We may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity.
- You must ensure the security and confidentiality of your profile details, including any username and/or password. You are wholly responsible for all activities which occur under your profile details (including unauthorized use of your credit card). You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your profile details. You must not permit your profile details to be used by or transferred to any other person.
We reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your profile or access to all or any part of media sites namely reiningtrainers.com, including if we believe you are abusing the services in any way, have breached the Conditions or are no longer an active member.
You must not:
(a) use the media sites in breach of any applicable laws or regulations;
(b) use the media sites (or Material obtained from the media sites):
- to transmit (or authorize the transmission of) “junk mail,” “chain letters,” unsolicited emails, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- to impersonate any person or entity;
- to solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person;
- to harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwize offend others; or
- for any unlawful purpose;
(c) use the media sites to upload, post, transmit or otherwize make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) any Material that:
- is not your original work, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the intellectual property or other rights of another person;
- contains, promotes, or provides information about unlawful activities or conduct;
- is, or could reasonably be expected to be, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwize unlawful, including Material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
- exploits another person in any manner;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or sexual acts or references;
- includes an image or personal information of another person or persons unless you have their consent;
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive;
- contains large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden content;
- contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- advertises, promotes or solicits any goods or services or commercial activities (except where expressly permitted or authorized by us); or
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice;
(d) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on media sites;
(e) use any robot, spider, or other device or process to retrieve, index, or in any way reproduce, modify or circumvent the navigational structure, security or presentation of media sites;
(f) use media sites with the assistance of any automated scripting tool or software;
(g) frame or mirror any part of media sites without our prior written authorisation;
(h) use code or other devices containing any reference to media sites to direct other persons to any other web page;
(i) except to the extent permitted by law, modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of media sites or cause any other person to do so; or
(j) delete any attributions or legal or proprietary notices on media sites.
By uploading, transmitting, posting or otherwise making available any Material via media sites, you:
(a) grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the Material in any form and for any purpose;
(b) except where expressly stated otherwise, also grant each user of the Fairfax Network a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the Material in any form for any purpose, subject to the Conditions;
(c) warrant that you have the right to grant the abovementioned licences;
(d) warrant that the Material does not breach the Conditions; and
(e) unconditionally waive all moral rights (as defined by the Copyright Act 1968) which you may have in respect of the Material.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- review, modify, reformat, reject or remove any Material which you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) that, in our opinion, violates the Conditions or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- monitor use of media sites or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with the Conditions or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
We are not responsible for, and accept no liability with respect to, any Material uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available on media sites by any person other than us. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be taken to have uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made Material available on media sites simply by facilitating others to post, transmit or other make Material available. Furthermore, we do not endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by any person other than us.
If you think that media sites have been accessed or used by another user in breach of the Conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll consider whether there are grounds for taking any action, but you won’t necessarily be contacted as to our decision.
In particular, if you wish to send us a copyright infringement notification, you will need to identify the Material(s) that you believe infringe(s) your copyright, identify each copyright protected work in which you own the rights and which you believe has been infringed, identify how each copyright protected work has been or is being infringed and include your contact information. You will need to sign the notice and send it to email@example.com.
Except where expressly provided otherwise in the Conditions, you do not have any right, title or interest in or to any proprietary rights relating to the media sites.
media sites contains Material that is protected by copyright, trade mark and other laws. Except where expressly provided otherwise in the Conditions, you may reproduce and display the Material on reiningtrainers.com for your own personal, non-commercial use only. Except for the temporary copy held in your computer’s cache and a single permanent copy for your personal reference, the material may not otherwise be used, stored, reproduced, published, altered or transmitted in any form or by any means in whole or part without our prior written approval or the written approval of our licensor.
In particular, you may not use any Material on media sites to establish, maintain or provide, or assist in establishing, maintaining or providing your own publications, Internet site or other means of distribution.
Nothing displayed on media sites should be construed as granting any right of use in relation to any logo, masthead or trade mark displayed on reiningtrainers.com without the express written consent of the relevant owner.
Third party websites, advertising and activities
We may feature or display links and pointers to websites operated by third parties on media sites. Such websites do not form part of reiningtrainers.com and are not under our control. We do not accept any responsibility in connection with any such website. If you link to any such websites, you leave reiningtrainers.com entirely at your own risk.
You must not link to media sites from any other website (or otherwise authorize any other person to link from a third party website to media sites) without our prior written consent.
If you contact a third party using functionality provided on media sites, including via e-mail, we do not accept any responsibility for any communications or transactions between you and the relevant third party.
Promotion of Trainers
We reserve the right to refuse information on specific trainers where we deem it as promotion of their services. We do not accept advertising or sponsorship that promotes any one individual, entity or property.
You use media sites at your sole risk.
Except where expressly stated otherwise, Material on media sites is provided as general information only. It is not intended as advice and must not be relied upon as such. You should make your own inquiries and take independent advice tailored to your specific circumstances prior to making any decisions.
We do not make any representation or warranty that any Material on media sites will be reliable, accurate or complete, nor do we accept any responsibility arising in any way from errors or omissions.
We will not be liable for loss resulting from any action or decision by you in reliance on the Material on media sites, nor any interruption, delay in operation or transmission, virus, communications failure, Internet access difficulties, or malfunction in equipment or software.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for, and accept no liability in relation to, any other users’ use of, access to or conduct in connection with the Fairfax Network in any circumstance.
Limitation of liability
You use media sites at your sole risk.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions and warranties relating to your use of media sites that are not expressly set out in the Conditions.
In no circumstances will we be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages (including loss of profits, revenue, production, goodwill, data or opportunity) of whatever nature howsoever arising in connection with media sites.
You agree to fully indemnify and hold us harmless against any expenses, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage that we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your use of, access to or conduct in connection with media sites, including any breach by you of the Conditions.
If any provision of the Conditions is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
No waiver of any term of the Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Any failure to assert any right under the Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right.
Affirmation regarding age
By using media sites, you affirm that you are 18 years or over or otherwise possess legal parental or guardian consent.
These Conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of United Kingdom. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in United Kingdom Courts to determine any matter or dispute which arises under the Conditions.
In these terms and conditions:
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions, together with the Media Policy and any additional terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers displayed elsewhere on media sites.
“media sites” means the reiningtrainers.com website and reining trainer enigma Facebook page that we own and/or operate from time to time, regardless of how those websites are accessed by users (including via the Internet, mobile phone or any other device).
“Material” means text, illustrations, photos, audio, video, any combination of these or other material.
“Us”, “we” or “our” means media sites